We are on our way back down south on the M6 – the day has not been as successful as we had hoped it would be. Ribble put a spanner in the works by putting the Grand Fondo on offer this weekend, which as far as we can tell, means the following:
- The bike I would like to buy is available much cheaper this weekend, but only with limited options. Options which do not meet my requirement.
- The bike that I would like to buy is also available as normal, but at an inflated start price.
So I have several choices:
- Buy the offer bike with Di2 but with a 11-25 spec and wider than required handlebars and then seperately buy the rear mech, cassette, chain and handlebars. About £40 cheaper than the price I was originally planning to pay but with considerable changes needed from the off.
- Buy the offer bike with mechanical shifting with an 11-25 spec and wider than required handlebars and then serperately buy the rear mech, cassette, chain and handlebars. Just under £1200, but with considerable changes from the off.
- Buy the standard bike with Di2 with the spec that I require. £1924.85. Over budget – therefore not an option.
- Buy the standard bike with Mechanical shifting and the spec that I require. £1450. Not an option, option 2 would be preferable.
- Wait until Monday, when the offer is over, hope that the price goes back down on the Di2 standard. Buy as planned at planned price. Risk: if the price doesn’t go back down then Di2 is no longer an option.
I thought I had successfully made a decision and now there are more to make.