Wow, it’s almost a month since I last posted.
Today is my birthday! 🙂
So I thought that I would briefly reflect on an interesting year. In fact one of the best years.
Since my last birthday I have:
- been accepted to ride in a sportive I didn’t even enter
- started this blog, to discuss the sportive which I didn’t even enter
- projectile vomited, thanks to a bike ride
- met the perfect man
- inducted this same man into the cycling world
- met some amazing cycling ladies (Dame Cycling)
- competed in a time trial thanks to those ladies
- joined a cycling club
- ridden on an airfield, during the night
- …and experienced being engulfed by a peloton
- ridden in the sportive which I didn’t even enter (with the support of a couple of Dames!)
- …in a hurricane, I will have you know
- completed a century (but not the sportive that I didn’t even enter!)
- raised £1,100 for Dressability
- passed multiple Masters modules
- competed in a team triathlon (something I would never previously of considered doing)
- bought a tandem
- started a new job
- ridden 3,361.90 solo miles
- ridden 67.7 tandem miles
- completed 242 hours on my solo bike
- completed 4 hours in the Rear Admiral’s saddle
All topped off with a cycling birthday treasure hunt of 31 miles, which resulted in me finding my presents right back at the start!
A fairly quick post, but thank you for your support and to everyone who has made this year so special.Thanks for the boost to the Carbon Bike Fund, the winter gear to keep me warm on these cold days and the games to play when I just can’t be bothered to get out on the road. Here’s to the next one, to all of us getting into the sportive that I did sign myself up for, and to some party planning for the big 3-0.